Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who is Tim Ferriss?

December 2010
I started going to HUB Bay Area start-up events. I quickly realized that no one, and I mean NO ONE will give me a dime for an idea. There were founders in that session who were testing their prototypes in Africa. My reaction was "WOW!"

I need to get the prototype out before speaking with any kinds of investors. I had the domain name (something tangible), I had the idea, but how do I build it?

I got introduced to an author called, Tim Ferriss by Hitesh. Tim is San Francisco based, and has done very well. I ordered his 1st book from the library. It is called: The Four Hour Work Week. Tim has a very intriguing writing style. He provides the reader with easy self-help techniques to do anything..literally anything. His book was enlightening! He gave tips to the readers to reduce their work load, and mentioned several places such as elance.com, 99designs.com etc to hire developers, or designers, and get your work done for a reasonable amount. Everyone should read his book.

Bingo! I chose 99designs.com to get GOAQUI's logo developed.

At some point in my life, I hope to meet Tim, and tell him that his book has been inspirational in getting my start-up off the ground.

Lesson Learned: Pay attention to everything you read, and hear about.

No comments: