Some interesting points that surfaced from his talks were:
- Innovation is not simply about products; it is about platforms.
- Build platforms that manage complexity.
- Designers should be good at cataloging the unfamiliar.
- Designer imagine and pursue what could be, instead of what is.
- Empathize with people and situations.
I enjoyed Larry's talk, there was another piece of information that raised my curiosity - OCAD is offering a Masters in Design, starting September 2009!
No-no, I am done with school for now (at least for this year), but I think if an opportunity presents itself in a few years, it could be worthwhile to explore a degree in Design - I wonder how my life would have changed had I been at OCAD, instead of at Rotman!
Design creates emerging possibilities - I hope to be a part of these possibilities through my future career.