Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So Many Constraints

I have been extremely discouraged with my job search.

It is May 5th, 2010 and I am still unemployed. Partly, it is economy in the United States, and partly, it is the location (California with an unemployment rate of 11%). At one point, I was so discouraged that I said to myself," Fine! no one wants to hire me, I will do my own thing". And, viola! I had a business idea...and a good one too. I found out all the information I could about different visas that are required to open your own company in United States.

Apparently, I need to raise a $1M in order to start my own business in the US (It costs $200 in Canada)
My question to the US government: Hello, If I had a $1M, would I want to start my business eh?
I would rather retire and travel the world?

Isn't it idiotic that there is a price tag of $1M on what an individual can contribute to this insanely ridiculously economy?

4 comments:

Parminder said...

Hang in there! Things have started to look up on the employment front in the US. May be widening your geographical filter could help.

Also, if you want to start your own business, as per my understanding - the restriction of having 1 million dollars would be eliminated if you start the business along with a partner who is an American citizen (in case you can find a suitable one).

Shalu said...

Thanks Girl.

'Hope' is a good thing and I am hanging on to it.

Well, expanding geographical filter does not help, because I'd be living away from Hitesh. And, if I were to do that, I'd rather head back to Canada i.e. home :)

Parminder said...

You're right, expanding filter would not help with you guys living together. I just meant that it might translate to having more job offers come your way.

Hows the job situation for you in Canada? I'm sure Imps would be delighted to have you back. :)

Amit and I have also seriously considered moving to Canada many times. We even got Canadian immigration.

kiran sawhney said...

Just pondering- Isn't India a better place? For business, to live, to get a job? I am so much in love with India. :)